Hi Dylan, actually, the argument purchaseData for StartPurchase() method takes the Steam Item ID (from Edit Price Entry pop-up) as the input field (not the Item ID from the product list)
Posts made by JasonL
RE: Using numbers as JSON key.
Here is the thing, the input parameter
datareturned from our service proxy is a Java Map object, which does NOT support a number value as key when accessing value using object[key] syntax.
data = JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(data));
RE: Tournament Questions
(Post the answer from brainCloud chat channel)
Actually, there is a workaround that you can perform the tournament rewards adjustments,
- Turn off the auto claim
- Add a post-hook to Authenticate instead <- where auto-claim would normally run
- And in the post-hook look to see if they have tournament rewards, and if they do, claim them there - performing any award adjustments that need to be made.
RE: Unique field for a Custom Entity
Hi Reza, a simple workaround I would recommend is using our atomic methods, such as IncrementGlobalStats, to form the field values with the returned value of that method and some other characters you selected. (defined a global statistic ahead of time, call IncrementGlobalStats() get the returned current value of the global statistic, e.g.
123, then combine with the name you selected to a unique name, such as
RE: RPG's on BrainCloud?
Sorry for the late reply.
- Yes, brainCloud can handle RPG style games well, it provides a rich set of features that benefits any type of game - includes very flexible multiplayer tech, Our built-in real-time multiplayer services are more based around the idea of shared game experiences that last a finite period of time (i.e. arena shooters, casual multiplayer, etc.). Our matchmaking, lobby services, room server system, etc are all geared toward making this sort of experience easy and inexpensive to build - but also can integrate with 3rd party or custom tech. brainCloud provides support for custom Room Servers that can support any type of custom or 3rd party multiplayer tech. For all these characters related data (user data), you can use User Entity or Custom Entity to store and trace them.
- The end-user profileId and anonymousId are stored securely in the client library wrapper on user devices.
- Users' IAP items and currency end up “unlocking” “awarding” these to the associated profileId, so that will never be lost.
- If a player is offline, you need to have some code on your side to handle this situation with the request callbacks, as long as “update()” is not called, it will not process sending packet bundles or process callbacks from the received packets. Shouldn't keep all calls for later. Instead, update player stats once connected, in 1 call.
Hope that helps!
RE: Shared Global Context for each CloudCode invocation?
Based on the description of your use case, I'd recommend you to use custom entities, which natively have the user access control (ACL) configured. And check out this article about some size limits on entities in case you haven't see it. http://help.getbraincloud.com/en/articles/3472603-what-are-the-size-limits-on-user-entities
RE: Pre Hook for Authenticate Or send Custom content
The authenticate API is not allowed a prehook, every API (including cloud code scripts) only can be called after the user authenticated.
RE: Saving global stats that are accessible with listFriends request.
To limit operations like IncrementExperiencePoints() to cloud code only. This will essentially take away the ability to make these calls from the bare client API. You can see a script that enforces these restrictions here - https://getbraincloud.com/apidocs/cloud-code-central/handy-cloud-code-scripts/restrictclientcalls-script/
Refer to another post below for more strategies you can apply to prevent cheating: https://forums.getbraincloud.com/topic/23/discussion-strategies-to-prevent-cheating-in-tournaments
RE: Shared Scripts not working
I copied your scripts to my app, tested, it works without any problem.
So, I guess you see the "getPremadeDeck_Dark_001 is not defined" from the editor warning when you hover over your cursor to the triangle warning icon? Actually, You can just ignore it or comment out the "use strict".
RE: NodeJS setup question
Can you provide us with more details of your use case regarding your web interface? if you can write some validation handle code on your web interface server, you still can call all of brainCloud Client-API, unless you want the API directly be called from your client app through your web interface server without any validation code for that, if that is the case, you will have to use S2S for that. https://www.npmjs.com/package/brainclouds2s, it's kind of complicated than using https://www.npmjs.com/package/braincloud